Monday, October 15, 2012

Tangled Boys Take Over: Come Say Hi to Carter!

We have a treat for you! You know how everyone loves a boy with swoon? Well, we are no exception. And to celebrate hot boys with swoon, we are interviewing our fantastic MALE MCs. All the Tangled girls asked some questions, and each of us will answer them with one of our boys. So get ready...the boys are taking over.




Name: Carter Trent

My hot boy is from the project that I'm currently querying, so I really can't say anything about it. But I have no doubt that Carter will enjoy telling you all about himself. Seriously.


If you were a dish at a Mexican restaurant, what would you be and why?

A tamale, because you have to be brave if you want to handle this spice.

Describe yourself in five words or less. 

I'm a lover and a fighter. (Yes, that's six words, but libraries leave out "A" and "And" in the card catalog so it doesn't really count and I only used three words. Ha! I get two more: kick ass. "I'm. Kick. Ass. Lover. Fighter." Do with that what you want.)

Name one thing you just cannot live without. 

Salt. 

Okay....Boxers or briefs?

Briefs. There's more support. *laughs* But really, there's just something more classy about briefs. Sometimes I wear boxer briefs, but only on special occasions.

What's your favorite smell? 

Freshly baked pies, crusts, cakes, breads. Anything you put in the oven because the smell lingers forever and you can taste it before it touches your mouth. The anticipation is unlike anything else. Except that first kiss.

What is the grandest romantic gestures you've ever made? 

I'm not really a kiss and tell kind of guy, definitely not with Pen, but there was once when she was having a really crappy couple of days and she almost got killed by these demons, and I had messed up bad and I wanted her to know how much I cared about her. I let her re-live one of her memories, and I won't say what it was, but it was a turning point for us. 

What's one trait you have that the MC finds annoying?

She really hates when I call her nicknames: Felt Tip, Nelly, Penny Sue. Or she used to. She doesn't complain much anymore about Pen. I pick on her a lot, but it's only because I love her. I think she secretly likes it. 

What is the one thing you'd never admit your significant other does better than you? 

She takes action. I always thought I was acted before thinking, but then I met Pen. She's stubborn and she knows what she wants. I always worry that one day she's going to run into a room of demons to save someone without thinking it through and get herself killed. I'd do the same, especially for her, but she does it for anyone. 

If you could change anything about [girl MC] what would it be? 

Penelope's not very easy on herself. She never really thought she was good enough--even after she's proved herself over and over again. There's a lot of pressure to be a certain way; sometimes I want to tell her that she's perfect, but I know how hard that is to believe in our community. Witches are supposed to be one way, and anything different is scary. I wouldn't change her being different. I'd change her mindset that different is a bad thing. 

If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? 

I'm a witch. I have superpowers every single day. Although, I don't have a cape. Maybe I need a cape...and a mask! Pen and I can get matching ones. She would look good in Spandex. 

And that was Carter. Wow, I'm a little embarrassed. I don't even know what else to say.


Hey, listen--don't tell Pen I said that bit about the Spandex. She'd probably smack me, and I don't really want to deal with that.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Carter! I'm one of the lucky few who know you already and I just loved that interview. I can't wait to see what people say when they find out what you did for Pen on that bad day. It made me mush lol

    <3333
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete