Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How I spent my summer (Christina's edition!)

Hey lovelies. Sorry this post is so late in the day. I had doctor appointments this morning. (No worries. All is well!) Anyway, here's my summer--highs and lows--in a nutshell.

(Excuse all the exclamation marks you will see in my "Highs" category!!)

Highs:

1. I've gotten several full or partial requests for my manuscript! EEK! So exciting!
2. I've started helping at Spencer Hill Press. It's fun, hard work, and educational and I'm so glad to have this opportunity!
3. I've entered some writing contests and groups online and met some really awesome people and got some requests from the contests.
4. I taught summer school and survived. ;)
5. Today is my anniversary! Yay! The hubby and I have been married for 3 years now (and together 7 years total). We are going to get away from everything and just have fun out of town for the next couple days!



Lows:

1. I am stuck in waiting limbo, hoping to hear positive responses to the requests I still have. (Not completely bad, but waiting is soooo hard.)
2. I've gotten tons of feedback from other people with the contests I've done. It's great to get feedback, but sometimes it's disheartening to hear some stuff. And other times I've gotten too many opposing responses that did more harm than good; they would leave me more confused on how to even try and fix my stuff then really helping.
3. I taught summer school. ;) Really it was great. My students were all good, but it cuts down on my summer writing time.
4. I've been in this weird no-book-is-holding-my-attention type of funk. I hate it. I've been picking up about 4-5 books and only finishing maybe 1 out of them. Not normal for me. I just really want to find an AMAZING book to just pull me back into them again.

So, how about you guys? Summer's not quite over yet, but what have you been doing?



1 comment: