Monday, August 13, 2012

Ariane's Wet Hot International Summer

Hello Beautiful World!
My first post as a real Tangled girl!  So exciting!  Thank you everyone for the welcome.  It's an honor to be posting with you fantastic ladies.

Here are the dramatic highs and lows of my summer thus far...

Lows:

  • I got in a car accident and totaled my car!  
  • I've had some issues connecting with several potential WIPs, but I think I've finally settled on an idea I love :).
  • I pulled muscles in both of my arms in the same week.  I need to do some serious strength training.

Highs:

  • I finished my master's in comparative religion (with a focus on folklore/mythology)!  I got to wear a fancy hood and listen to a graduation address in Latin. 
  • I spent a lot of time rubbing the tummy of my yellow lab puppy.  
  • I watched the entirety of Twin Peaks.  You should also watch it, because it's amazing.
  • I read Danielle's WIP - I'm an enormous Danielle fan.
  • I started querying my novel and have some fulls out!  Mostly I am proud of myself for taking that step, whatever happens!
  • Wednesday, I'm going to ISRAEL!  And I just found out I'll be having my Bat Mitzvah (yes, 12 years late) at a synagogue at Masada.  That's about as hardcore Jew awesome as it gets.  I should note that most of my writing features Jewish characters, so it's great to get to experience this amazing journey to help inspire me :).
So if you don't hear from me in two weeks, it's because I'm in Jerusalem! Or riding a camel! Or eating falafel!  Or eating falafel on the back of a camel through Jerusalem!

Shalom!

1 comment: