Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Revision Cave

So often I've heard authors say they've been in the revision cave as an explanation for why they haven't been blogging/tweeting/facebooking/sleeping.



I don't know that I've ever really known what that feels like. I mean, sure, I've been through revisions more time than I care to count, but during most of those revisions, I felt like I needed to be connected to people to survive it. Now, though, I can totally understand it. I have absolutely no mind for blogging. Facebooking consists of onliners from my children, and even tweeting takes much more effort and thinking than normal.

Even when I'm not actually at my computer working on the revisions that I need to be, I'm still in my head and thinking about them. It's hard to focus on much else besides said revisions, so yeah. I guess this is what the revision cave is like. It's a little alarming to be so disengaged from the outside world, but on the other hand, it's kind of nice too.

The quiet is nice. The time to think is nice. I can see why authors let themselves get pulled into the cave now and I can also understand why it's so necessary. There are so many distractions for writers as it is. The cave is probably a good idea every now and then.

So...until I'm out of this cave, happy writing everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The cave is calling for me to get lost in it. But my remaining three exams don't let me go.
    Soon, my dear oblivion cave, soon!

    Happy writing to you too, people!

    ReplyDelete