Friday, October 21, 2011

Excuses



I'm too tired.

My house needs cleaning.

I need to get caught up on some reading.

My dog peed on the floor.

I don't have enough time to write anything substantial. 

My laptop is upstairs/in a different room/in the car/on the other couch.

I have no idea what to write.

I'm too distracted today. I'll do it tomorrow. 

This tv show looks really interesting.

I'll get up early in the morning to make up for not writing today.

I'm just too stressed out.

My writing sucks. I'll never be good enough.


Do any of these sound familiar? Do you make excuses when it comes to writing? 

I do it all the time. In fact, all of the excuses listed above are actual excuses I've made in the past for not writing. No lie. 

It's now time to stop making excuses and to be accountable for my dream to have this book published. I have a no tolerance excuse rule right now. Every single day I will write. It may not be as much as I'd hoped to get done, but I will write something. No excuses. 

What about you? Would you like to join me in my no excuses rule? I'd love to have you!


2 comments:

  1. Yes!! That's so me. I'm in, because NaNoWriMo 2011 is where it all turns around for me...at least this is what I keep repeating to myself over and over throughout the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're joining in, Jodi! I so want to participate in NaNoWriMo, but I am still finishing up revisions on my current WIP. Maybe next year though. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete