Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Creative Juices are Pumping....

I am still thinking through my character and plot, but I was inspired by some images and music this week.


I love the sense of place I get from this photograph. My WIP has two main settings - Georgia and the Pacific Northwest. This image really got my mind working for the Pacific Northwest setting.


My WIP also deals with fire so I was drawn to this image. It seems as if the fire dwells within this person, which makes for an interesting literary concept.

My musical inspiration this week is from Massive Attack. I love the sound of the music and vocals. It puts me right into the moment with Thora as she is on the precipice of her life changing in ways she has never expected. I love that it almost sounds like a heart beat. I also like the line about teardrops on the fire - it lends itself nicely to the fire elements of my WIP. The idea of black flowers blossoming is also something cool that I might choose to explore somehow in my work at some point.




2 comments:

  1. I love all your inspiration pieces! Especially that first photo. It's really beautiful. Makes me really intrigued about your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I have to admit I am kind of obsessed with that first photo. I can't stop looking at it. It just sends my mind in so many directions.

    ReplyDelete