Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Musical Inspiration

Cindy and I have had numerous discussions about music and writing. She chooses to write without music because it serves as a distraction. However, I don't think I could write a decent sentence without it. Music has writing power. I love how a melody or a set of lyrics can trigger the perfect character emotion or send my mind in a new plot direction. Each of my main characters has their own playlist. This helps me get into their frame of mind before my fingers touch the keyboard.

I wonder how other writers approach the issue of music and their writing. Is it an inspiration for you or does it only hold distractions?

I thought I would share a song from the playlist of the main character from my WIP this week. Youtube was being a punk so I just grabbed a video with the song - the dolphins while cute - have nothing to do with my WIP.




1 comment: