Saturday, August 20, 2011

Get to know our RGP: Ariane

If you haven't perused around the blog yet, then you've probably never heard of a RGP...and you're probably wondering what it is.

RGP stands for: Resident Guest Post-er

There are five people behind Tangled, but really there are seven. We have our RPA (who you will meet tomorrow) and my lovely friend, Ariane. I met her online at Maggie Stiefvater's website back when I was looking for a crit partner. Then, I just so happened to move to Boston (where she lives) and she's one of my closest friends. And she's a dang good writer. 

Why do we have a RGP? Well, everyone is more than a writer. If we weren't, we'd have more to time to spent just on Tangled. Sometimes life happens. Sometimes we have no ideas or time or Ariane has something she wants to share. So, we've recruited her to fill in for us. You'll see her around here a lot--she's totally part of the family--so we wanted to give you a chance to get to know her as well. Because, well, she's pretty spectacular.

If you could be any item on Mexican restaurant menu, what would you be and why?
I'd be plantains... sweet and savory at the same time.

What quote inspires you most?'
"The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it's as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -History Boys


Why do you want to write within the YA genre?
I don't, specifically. I write plots and characters that compel me, and more often than not, the story ends up fitting YA. I'm not sure why that is. I think I like writing characters in flux, and formative years are a prime occasion for that.

Which YA book character are you most like? Explain.
Lyra from His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. We are both stubborn, well spoken, and make friends easily. We both like brown-haired boys. We both have crazy yet awesome parents.

Was there a specific book you read that inspired you to start writing?
Many books have inspired me, but after reading the Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop, I knew I wanted to try my hand at writing.

Two truths and one lie about yourself.
I write poetry as well as prose.
I used to play chess competitively.
I had a pet rat named Ulysses.




No comments:

Post a Comment